For over 20 years, Beyond Barriers has served Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa with accessible home and commercial remodeling.
Beyond Barriers is a full-service, licensed contractor with extensive experience in home evaluation, design, building and remodeling. Our home modifications include accessible kitchens and bathrooms, overhead ceiling lifts, elevators, wheelchair lifts, stair lifts, vertical platform lifts, roll-in showers, walk-in tubs, ramps and more. Enjoy the freedom of living independently and safely in your own home, while avoiding the cost of a nursing home or assisted living facility.
Our qualifications include:
- Licensed contractor in Minnesota #BC649489 and Wisconsin #1218453
- Minnesota Accessibility Specialist License #AS002944
- Licensed Elevator Contractor in Minnesota #LC672605
- Approved as a statewide provider of home evaluations, modifications, supplies and equipment for the Minnesota Department of Human Services’ waivers program
- Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist (CAPS)
- Certified Environmental Access Consultant (CEAC)
- Factory trained and certified by top accessibility equipment manufacturers including ArjoHuntleigh and Bruno.
As of July 1, 2013, only licensed elevator contractors are permitted to install stair lifts, vertical platform lifts and inclined platform lifts in the State of Minnesota. Beyond Barriers is a licensed elevator contractor in the State of Minnesota.
For more information on the new legislation, visit the Minnesota Department of Labor & Industry website. http://www.dli.mn.gov/CCLD/PDF/elevator_change.pdf
See our online catalog for a full listing of our home accessibility products and equipment.
Learn about our free, no obligation initial consultation to find the right solution for you!
Click here to download a Home Evaluation Request Form
Click here to download a Stair Lift Measurement Form
Home Accessibility Tools & Resources
Modify Your Home
Learn more about the little things you can do to modify your home.
MN Waivered Services
Learn more about Minnesota's Home and Community-based Waivers.
Learn how we can help you with home modification funding assistance.
Fill out our online form and tell us what your accessibility needs are.
A guide for helping patients and caregivers with all their home modification needs.
Learn about solutions that will help wheelchair users around the home.
Service Area and Featured Products
We service most of Minnesota and Western Wisconsin. To view a complete listing of products we install, please click on our Online Catalog.